i'm stumped

my car will not start. it has power to everything, except the radio and the starter. can anyone help me?

Reply to
99breezeowner

Bad ignition switch? Blown fuses?

Reply to
Walter

Add to your list: Possible defective starter solenoid, blown fusible link, bad starter relay, dirty battery cable or starter connections, bad battery (not likely given symptoms you described). Also, assuming the radio and starter could be two separate problems.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Good point, Bob. A look at a schematic would quicky reveal if a single point failure could cause those two things and only those two things to be inop. or if there are likely two separate causes. Yeah - schematics and a voltmeter - that's the ticket!

Bill Putney