door locks on 97 voyager failing

Hi to all in the group, I have a 97 grand voyager and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience replacing failing door lock actuaters, I had one replaced on the passenger sidedoor under warranty which totally failed and tried to get the dealer to replace the drivers door side which was failing once in every now and then which they would'nt now it failing more and more and the van is out of warranty, How hard is to replace the actuater, I read the chiltons manual and it does'nt seem that difficult. Any advice or comments on this. Thanks to all in This group.

Reply to
Larry

Its very easy to replace, Just make sure you get the rods in the right position and set correctly when you reassemble it. Some of those vehicles that year have a part change for the rod and the locking cam, make sure the dealer checks to see if you will need the update when you get the acuator.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Reply to
Larry

Take your vin# with you, they should be able to tell you by the build date of the vehicle if the rods need updated. the door panel has 2 screws, one in the tray at the center and the other behind the trim for the top of the door, then pop it off

Reply to
maxpower