Ignition key stuck AFTER visiting mechanic.

Hello, After taking my vehicle in to change the starter, I got a call from the mechanic I never used before, saying the key somehow got stuck and needs additional work ??!

Before this it would never do this, where you can't completely turn the ignition to the off position. It stops just short of it, where the mileage ight turns on.

Now..... I did have to wriggle the shifter to pull the key out, after the ingnition was turned completely off, once in awhile, so maybe the mechanic is legit.

My question is does anyone know how to simply disable the "In Park position" function connected to the ignition switch.

I don't need that function, and don't feel like paying who know how much to the mechanic.

Thanks in advance. Marcel.

Reply to
MMH

telcotech

"MMH" <

| Hello, | After taking my vehicle in to change the starter, I got a call from the | mechanic I never used before, saying the key somehow got stuck and needs | additional work ??! | | Before this it would never do this, where you can't completely turn the | ignition to the off position. It stops just short of it, where the mileage | ight turns on. | | Now..... I did have to wriggle the shifter to pull the key out, after the | ingnition was turned completely off, once in awhile, so maybe the mechanic | is legit. | | My question is does anyone know how to simply disable the "In Park position" | function connected to the ignition switch. | | I don't need that function, and don't feel like paying who know how much to | the mechanic. | | Thanks in advance. | Marcel.

Might check with a lock smith. We had a similar problem and the dealer wanted big $ (surprise) lock smith did the deed for < 1/10 the $.

Reply to
Not Me

One Bushman, when asked why he hadn?t emulated neighboring tribes by adopting agriculture, replied, "Why should we, when there are so many mongongo nuts in the world?"

for real email exchange nose with ass

Reply to
enialle

Yes, I agree with TelcoTech. I believe I saw a TSB or recall for this issue. I think Chrysler might fix it for free.

Reply to
ambientgurl