pvc problem on 94 voyager

I have a 94 voyager with oil coming out of the pvc tube. What could be the reason from thing being done. I have changed the pvc about 20,000km ago.

Reply to
mike113

You mean "PCV", positive crankcase ventillation, and not "PVC", polyvinnyl chloride, a type of plastic.

What engine have you got in your '94? It matters...

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Sorry about that i do mean pcv, I got the 3 litre engine with 155,000km.

Reply to
mike113

OK, the 3-litre is very sensitive to PCV system condition. The valve needs to be changed periodically, but there are also *two* filters that need to be changed, one in the upper airbox and one in the lower airbox. All the hoses need to be inspected not only for cracks and leaks but also for clogging, same goes for the nipples and metal passages. The whole system needs to be very carefully gone through and examined and consumable parts (filters, hoses, valves) replaced every now and then.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern