Shifter parts for 87 Shelby csx

One of our local mechanical geniuses broke the shifter connection rod and cable on our 1987 Shelby CSX. The dealer says they are no longer manufactured. I found the parts on a 1990 at the salvage yard, but I don't know if they are interchangable. Does anyone know?

Reply to
Marji

The crossover cable is the same. The selector cable is not.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The information I gave you may be incorrect. I assumed you had a G body (Daytona). This is a P body (Shadow) isn't it? The 87 P body with a A520 or A525 trans had a 49.5 inch selector cable and a 47.5 inch crossover cable. The 90 P body had an A523 or A568 trans. These used a 52 inch selector cable and a 45.3 inch crossover cable. You may be able to use the selector cable but not the crossover cable due to it being too short. Sorry for the bad info, please be more specific about model, year, etc..(there were L body, G body, H body and maybe even some A body Shelby's) For trans ID, there is a round tag riveted to the trans case in the area of the selector housing (on top of the trans) that lists the New Process Gear number. Bill

Reply to
Bill

There were no "A body" (really AA-body) Shelby vehicles. There was the Spirit R/T, but it was not a Shelby vehicle.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Ah, your right it was the Shelby Dakota I was thinking of. :)

Bill

Reply to
Bill