Stuck ignition key

I have an automatic Chrysler Neon(2.0L) and registered in 1996(UK). Last night the key got stuck and I cannot take it out. Its in the normal remove position and I cannot take it out. I can quite happily start and drive the car currently.

  1. Could someone please advise on the nature of the problem...?
  2. As I still have few months warrantly(from a local car dealer), will the fix be covered under warranty?
  3. Is it worth contacting Chrysler official dealer in London(UK) for a fix?
  4. Can I check or do something by myself to see/fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for oyur help. Sandiyan

Reply to
sandiyan

I'd try shooting a little WD40 in there.

Reply to
hmmm...

Much better, some "lock doctor" or colloidal graphite. WD40 just washes out any lubricant that might still be there.

Reply to
clare

are you sure you are not turning the key too far back as there is an auxiliary position one notch back from normal removal position

Reply to
therebel

jiggle the steering wheel and play with the key.......

Reply to
Howard

Thanks for the replies... I'll give it a try... Sandiyan.

Reply to
sandiyan