Xantia OSR Door

all of a suddenly, the rear offside door on my Xantia will not open.

central locking works from inside or out, locks work, but the OSR door will not open. it did once but I wasn't in a place where I could lubricate or investigate the fault.

any ideas how to get the door open ?

Reply to
.

It's a fairly common problem.

You have to get the door panel off from the inside, then smash the lock to bits with a screwdriver, then replace the lock, I think they are about =A385. from citroen.

As far as I know there is no other way and I have done a few of these.

Regards. Slim

Reply to
Slim

f*ck that for a game of soldiers.

Reply to
.

My suggestion would be similar. get out the other side. Whilst its worth it if you need it, if you dont its not. its not something i'd do.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

sheesh. seems a bit drastic. the door did open when I opened and closed the central locking a few dozen times, I loaded the car and closed the door as I wasn't in a position to inspect or lube whatever it is which is sticking.

supposing I do manage to get the bugger open, which bit is sticking ?

I don't mind having the door trim off when I'm good and ready and I've got the right clip release tool.

thanks for any tips.

Reply to
.