New seat options for a 1984 GTI

Does anyway know what would be the best option for newer seats for a 1984 GTI.

I've looked on eBay for the original blue interior seats and the stuff people are trying to sell looks worse than the ones I want to throw away. I've given up on re-upholsterers. I just checked with one last week and he wanted $275 for each seat.

What I'm looking for is the 1985 and later Golfs used Recaro seats. Will these be a direct bolt replacement for the 1984 GTI?

Thanks for your help,

--Vic

Reply to
Victor Silva

Hey the 1992 Cabriolet Seats should fit, but check it out first. Not sure of the A2 or A3s seats fitting in your A1. I have some red GTi seats in Chicago, but you want blue. :-( good luck! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Do A3 seats fit into an A2?

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Er, nope. Not without some serious surgery.

Reply to
Alan Talk