4 seat classic car

(Andrew Robert Breen)

http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature/topten/bargain-supercars/bargain-supercars-6.html
A lambo urraco was the car that left an indelible impression on me as a youngster. (A good impression I hasten to add) And it seated more than two adults
mrcheerful
(Andrew Robert Breen)

<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAGUAR-XJS-SPECIAL-LYNX-EVENTER-ESTATE_W0QQitemZ45920 85465QQcategoryZ18185QQcmdZViewItem>
The best car Jaguar never made. I want one. Looks beautiful, goes like a Granny on speed and I can fit my daughter's double bass in the back. What more could a chap ask?
Geoff MacK
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:23:33 UTC, "Geoff Mackenzie"
: The best car Jaguar never made. I want one. Looks beautiful, goes like a : Granny on speed and I can fit my daughter's double bass in the back. What : more could a chap ask?
Just a shame that the back end was obviously done by a chap who wished he was working on an Austin Princess hearse conversion.
Yeugh.
Ian

o'Really (o'Really@mothanks) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I never realised JUST how much - especially around the r3q - the Eventer looks like a Beta HPE before.
http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/7d/ed/17_1_b.JPG
Hmmm. Beta HPE... Volumex...

I'm pretty sure that some of the glass /was/ Beta HPE. The rear window and maybe the rear quarter glass.
They're both Scimitar GTE knock-offs, mind ;)
--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Feng Shui: an ancient oriental art for extracting

Ah. That would certainly explain it...

Which was, of course, an A40 Farina knock-off...

A40 Countryman.
--

Ian

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Same thing, innit?

Yebbut - the saloon didn't have a tailgate. Like the GS - looks as though it should, but it doesn't.
--

Ian

Best of the lot was the Lancia Gamma estate. Sadly they only made about three of them.
Andy Dingley ( snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Gamma coupe or berline base?
The Gamma coupe (and Fiat 130 coupe) - quite possibly the best ever use of flat panels and straight lines...

Coupe I think. They were made as show cars and pretty much hand done.

I'd certainly agree for the 130.
Andy Dingley wrote:

And that sets them apart from the rest of the Gammas exactly how?
--
Timo Geusch
<No classic here>

The Gamma could have been such a nice car. As it was its makers didn't really want it around :(
Was it George Bishop who described it as appearing like a mole in the middle of FIAT's well-tended lawn?
--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth

"Who dies with the most toys wins" (Gary Barnes)
On 10 Dec 2005 11:37:58 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@aber.ac.uk (Andrew Robert Breen) wrote:

It _was_ a nice car (for something driven from The Heathen End). The Euro-spec 2l ones were fine, if caught before collapse the Lancistas reckon that a UK model can be modified with reliable lubrication.
The rust is no worse than any other Fiat of the period. Crap paint and no underseal. Find a solid one and fix this, then it will last.

Its makers liked it, its maker's new owners didn't.
Andrew Robert Breen wrote:

Hmm, front wheel drive, angular, Italian, hatchback ...
Alfa Romeo Arna.
I'll get my coat.
On 9 Dec 2005 11:07:19 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@aber.ac.uk (Andrew Robert Breen) wrote:

The trouble with the HPE is the negligible rear luggage space in the back of one. For what's ostensibly a "large" car from the outside the slope of the rear window makes it awfully small on the inside.
The XJS Eventer looks even worse for this. And the 8K+ reserve on the eBay one is ridiculous for any sort of XJS
How about an XJS hearse ? I've seen a pair of them and they were a nice looking car. They still had usable rear seats too, if you folded the coffin shelf up.

Triumph Vitesse Convertable.
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:42:57 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:

Takes me back. I had KTG 249 D (I think) for a couple of years back in 1972 or so. Lovely little car, it had the 1600 six in it. The convertible top was somewhat fragile (busted, actually). But the tinworm got it in the end. I only paid 200 quid for it so I did well. That 1600 six was a really lovely motor.
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:42:57 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:

A Herald / Vitesse is a usable 2+2 but it's stretching things to call it a 4 seater. The convertible is even smaller at the back.

Site Timeline