FS: 1970 Reliant Scimitar SE5 automatic

I've finally come to the conclusion that 400-mile runs with 1-tonne tows would be asking a little too much of a 34 year old car, so my Scimitar is up for sale. Mechanically it's fine (excellent, I'd venture) - on the last trip to Scotland it ran beautifully. Engine is as good as an Essex ever is, old pressure absolutely fine all the way through, running temperature fine (new head gaskets, thermostat, reconditioned (exchange) heater core

3 months ago). Transmission excellent (Ford 4ALD 4-speed auto-box, fitted by Denpart last year - got the bills for that[1]) - pulls about 37-38 mph/1000 rpm in lock-up top, which is nice. Steering, suspension, brakes all very good (new front discs about 6 months ago). Interior is good, I'd say - a bit tatty around the corners of the dash., but nothing serious at all. The clock doesn't work, mind.. Body is scruffy - the old beast really needs a paint job (and was going to get it, but for my deciding that heavy towing was likely to start bringing more problems..). Chrome is pretty good. The rear hatch was replaced a month ago. Chassis - mostly excellent, but there's some welding needed on two outriggers and some problems at the back end - the back cross-member needs replacing and so do the bits which carry it. The best solution would be to fit a new chassis section aft of the rise over the back axle. These sections are available (I was quoted 350 UKP for one) and it's not a body-off job to fit it. It's a good, honest car - a delight to drive. If I had a garage then I'd just be tucking it away for future reference, but I don't so it's for sale. MOT runs out later this month (24th September) and in view of this and the chassis back-end I'm looking for best offer over 500 UKP

- to go to someone who'll look after it. I'd not like to see this one stripped for parts. It's too good a car for that.

Reply to
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN

Forgot to say - I'll put a some pictures of it up later today.

Reply to
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN