MG TD softtop

I own a MG TD 1952. I put a windscreen on the car and now I aim working on the softtop. But I do not know how to fix the hood on the wooden windscreen rail, If somebody knows the trick please let me know. You cab make me a happy man. Erik, Netherlands.

Reply to
erik.pardon

Phil

Don't know about the TD but on the MG A the wooden rail is first covered in a piece of hooding material with a sewn in flap hanging down to cover the rail/windscreen gap. The main hood is then fixed to the front of the rail by tacks which are hidden in a strip of "Hidem". The hard bit is getting even tension in the material to prevent ripples in the hood.

Have a look at

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com realised it was 30 May 2006 13:41:38 -0700 and decided it was time to write:

The process of fitting the hood is described in some detail in 'MG T series restoration guide' by Malcolm Green - a book worth buying anyway. I've put a scan of the most relevant page here:

Will that do?

Reply to
Yippee