Spitfire Upgrades

In article , Ian Johnston writes

That hasn't been my experience. The Vitesse is not nearly as mild mannered as modern cars, but it's far from "a pig" to drive fast.

Again, that has not generally been my experience. I did struggle to keep up with a friend in a somewhat tuned Herald, but it was well short of a "walk over" (and the Mini would have easily beaten both of us).

Reply to
Robert Pearce

In article , Chris Morriss writes

Absolutely, because the rear suspension was entirely stripped, blasted, and re-assembled with loads of grease. It made no difference.

They are anyway!

Yes, I've come across that too. It doesn't address the whole issue, though, because one of the big rust problems is between the bolt and the steel sleeves inside the nylon bits. You can't get the grease in there reliably without dismantling.

Reply to
Robert Pearce

"J" realised it was Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:37:53 GMT and decided it was time to write:

coughs up thefollowing website as the first result:
That's bloody impressive, that is!

Reply to
Yippee

It brings new meaning to the phrase 'engine builder,' that's for sure.

Be sure to go up a level to:

as well.

Reply to
Dan Drake

Thanks, that's the one, is that a thing of beauty or what?