What is this lamp off?

OK whats it say om the back that will be somewhere to start.

Part Number - manufacturer etc

Reply to
me

It's off a car

Alex

Reply to
Alex

And if I may be so bold/presumptious, I would hazard a guess, that its from the "rear" of the said car?

Neil

Reply to
Neil

I think one is presumptious. It could be a front indicator.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I bet it isn't though. The damned thing looks so familiar it's doing my head in. The sooner someone identifies it the better.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

In article , Stephite writes

Could it be the front of a Jaguar S-type, 420 or Mk X?

Reply to
Leroy Curtis

I think you're right:

Willy Eckerslyke

Oh, surely not - red (brake) lights and orange indicators - must be from the back end of something, not the front. Guess early Beetle?

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

It looked red to me. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Early Beetles didn't have orange indicators, surely?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I reckon you and Geoff need to turn up your monitor brightness a tad!

How many fingers am I holding up?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Besides:

I rest my case!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Thanks all. looks like its from the jag then

Ebay...here it comes

Steve

Reply to
Stephen White

Two, probably.

However, I've loaded it into PhotoDesk and had a tweak, and unless there's something funny with the way it was downloaded, I'd still say it's red. The S type one on ebay is very definitely amber.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Willy Eckerslyke realised it was Wed, 12 May 2004 16:16:24 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

Eleven?

Reply to
Yippee

Case duly rested. And why did looking at this web site throw up all sorts of security warnings about viruses?

Treat me gently - I've only just graduated from a quill to a fountain pen. These here computer thingies are a bit much for me. Bit like the change from carbs and points to sealed black boxes.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Right as ever, Dave. Not a Beetle expert - was just looking at the shape. Still reckon it's from the back of something, not the front.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Leroy Curtis saying something like:

Nearside front indicator from a Spagthorpe Bologna V16; 1958-63.

Only 4 were ever built and only those to special order, as Jeremy Spagthorpe was a particularly choosy individual, once remarking, "I won't let just any old rotter buy one of my cars, you know."

Needless to say, the car division of Spagthorpe Traction Industries had a brief history, production reverting to the Spagthorpe Imperial range of motorcycles.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes, but what did the light come from? Limited production cars *always* use bought in lamps...

Reply to
Dave Plowman