Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Vauxhall Ventora/victor Parts 4 sale from 2.3 slant 4
This is a 1975/6 - "P" reg vauxhall victor/ventora it has non rusty bumbers, with pretty good chrome the front pear shaped grill, is also good, as are the ally light surrounds. it is complete, minus...

Seatbelts in P4 100
I'm poised to swap my 2 VP 4L R's for a decent (as yet unseen) P4. It's a 1960. Is it likely to have seatbelts or, if not, is it easy to fit them? Thanks Graeme
2
2

Tristan convertible kit for Herald
Looking for one of these for a fast conversion of saloon. Please answer here or the email adress : Thank you for reading this message.... regards Tom

Tracing a car`s history?
Is it possible to trace a car`s history when there have been at least 3 different registration numbers? If so...how? I`ve got the chance to purchase an old 50`s sports car and it appears to have a...
5
5

Re: OLDEST HERALD SALOON
Before posting any more binary messages you would be well advised to read the group charter:
7
7

Morris Oxford MO manuals on the web?
Hi I am seeking any sort of maintenance or workshop manual in pdf format that would cover a 1951 Morris Oxford MO saloon. I have located the lubrication chart but a proper manual that covers the...
1
1

Re: Transmission noise on Triumph 2000 - update
I didn't just turn the wheel. I used pressure (pull top of tyre while pushing at the bottom and vice versa, then repeat side to side) while feeling and listening for knocks and play. And I had...
11
11

Re: Parts Needed Urgently
With regard top the water pump, do you know the Quinton Hazel part no. I think I might have one, The part no I have is :QCP2182 Cant sem to get you on email Regards mrstix@by
2
2

Enquiry about mobile trader "Stellar"
I wonder if anyone knows this trader who claims to be K. Chilvers of Colchester? He was trading as "Stellar" at the Bromley Pageant of Motoring on 29th June where I purchased a cellphone battery....

Older Jag
It can be done, or if you buy a V12 or 3.2 it will come with round headlamps. Avoid the 2.9 engine in any XJ6 for they are poo. AWM is talking rot anyway, the SIII rots faster than the XJ40 largely...
7
7

Re: Classic car insurance and no claims
Your plan is fundamentally flawed! Just because your accident was in a company car does not mean that it will not affect any other insurance that you take out seperately. You will find that these days...
15
15

Re: Transmission noise on Triumph 2000
If the UJs check out OK, I would be replacing the wheel bearings (both sides).
6
6

Re: BSA 3 Wheeler
There's a club for BSAs, they might be the best place to start. I think they're associated with the Daimler/Lanchester club - Google will find them. A fellow in the next road to me had one,...
8
8

Re: Ice Cream van wanted
Just keep your ears open - loads of them about... are you hungry?
9
9

overheating TR4
Hi, what may cause overheating a TR4? New radiator, electric coolingfan, Co 4,0%, ignition 10 degrees BTDC @ 800 rpm. Who knows? Thanks, Peter Dee