Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

The climate control system just quit on me. No temp or fan display, but it is lit. None of the controls work and no fans, ac or heat. In addition the radio turns on but there's no sound and the antennae will not move up or down. I checked the fuses on the passenger side panel and they all seemed okay. But I just pulled them and checked them visually. Any ideas?

Reply to
rja614

Don't know which year started a self-test capability in the CC system. If you've got the shop manual on the car, see if there's a way to pull codes on it. With both radio and CC problems, it's tempting to think that a large cable connector under the dash may have loosened. Once you get under there, remember to come up for air every few hours lest you turn into a pretzel. HTH ... PJ

Reply to
PJ

A loose cable connection just might be possible, since a few months ago a Chevrolet dealer replaced the ECM unit because the Service Engine Soon light was staying on. I really haven't driven it much since then. Could this have something to do with it? And if so, how do I get at it?

Reply to
rja614

Reply to
X--Eliminator