Indicaters (turning lights) problem

My indicators are playing up, sometimes they work sometimes not.

I have noticed that if I press the hazard`flashers on when they are not working they then are okay.

Anyone had this problem?.

Reply to
yar

You don't say what year, but common problems with lights are the grounds to them.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Sorry its a 2001 convertible

Reply to
ray

Hmmm, sounds like the flasher button is doing the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do. The hazard flasher should work with ignition on or off, the turn signals only with the ignition on. Hazard flasher should override the turn signals.

Hazard warning switch? Hazard flasher relay (if there is one)? I don't have electrical diagrams for the C5 yet and since so much goes through the PCM or BCM, I'm tempted to not try to diagnose this car.

-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu 6-spd coupe

Reply to
PJ

Turn signal and 4 way flashers are both in the button on the dash as one part. Remove the dash, replace the unit and your weekend is shot. Next time will only be one day.

Reply to
Dad