Starting problem

I inherited a 1999 Cherysler LHS. It has been working ok for a long time.

But, today.

I drove about 6 miles and stopped for awhile to visit.

I got back in and hit the key, it started nd then quit.

I started it again and then it died again.

I put it in nuteral and gave it some gas and it started and revved up and then died again.

From then on, the starter wouldn't even click.

I loaded it on a trailer and brought it home and checked the battery and it was up and the load test showed it ok.

Everything electrical works except the starter.

Is there a fuse?

Any help greatly appreciated. I would n't have asked on here except there isn't a chrysler news group.

Reply to
George Ewart

Is the key a transponder key? Have you tried the other key? If the car uses a transponder key and something is wrong it will only run seconds before the security system shuts it down. If it doesn't start with the other key, unhook the battery for a few minutes and try again.

Reply to
Tony D.

Now that seems plausible. The previous owner lost the other key, SO, I will try to disconnect the battery for awhile. I did notice the battery is under stuff, in front of the right front wheel and goes under the head lights. I wonder why they just didn't put it in the trunk. Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
George Ewart

Hi!

More likely a fusible link, something that goes "inline" with the battery lead. They're used on high current circuits.

Sure there is. rec.autos.makers.chrysler

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh