2005 Camry and a third party CD/Mp3 player???

Hello everyone, I just purchased the 2005 Toyota Camry. What an awesome machine! The only issue I have - I'd love to put an MP3 CD player in place of the factory installed CD player. Could someone advise if there could be any issues with installation of a third party CD deck in 2005 Toyota Camry? Is this something a user could do or should I leave it to a professional? I understand that some kind of special mounting face-plate would be required since the original CD player takes more space than any standard CD deck? Is such thing easily available?

Also, is it possible in any way to connect the "on-steering-wheel CD/radio controls to a new (I'm lookinginto Kenwood) deck?

I'd greatly appreciate any info or directions (links?) on the above. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alan D.

P.S. I'm located in the GTA area (Mississauga, Ontario).

Reply to
alander98

Check Crutchfield for new headunits and the steering conntrol converter. Why not keep the OEM unit and just a a box that let you hook up an MP3 player? Far cheaper and you retain the nice OEM look. Don't know why Yota has got the word on upgrading their radios yet - satellite radio? MP3? Decent speakers? Check out links below -

Wolfgang

Check out the head unit in the Scion. They play MP3 files and have a good chance of connecting to the wiring harness.

I have asked service techs and parts people at the local Toyota dealership and none of them could/would say if it would work.

Reply to
RunnerBiker