Engine Maintence Light

I have an 87 dodge w150 4x4, and this morning I went to start it, and the battery was dead(I left the key on) Now that I have charged the battery, the Engine Maintnence light is on....Wasn't on before the batt. died, but now wont go off. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Amber

Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and see if that does it. I'm not sure what interface this thing has, but if ODBI (pre-96) you may be able to get a code out of it. Personaly, though I have an ODBI scan tool, I've never done an 87!

Reply to
PeterD

thanks, I'll try disconnecting it and see if that works. Thanks again

Reply to
Amber

Locate the little plastic box -somewhere- under the dashboard, open it, remove the 9 volt battery, push the reset button, install a new 9 volt battery, re-install the little plastic box.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Yep, the light means nothing. Its a gimmick to get you to the dealer. You can save the money on a new battery by removeing thde light bulb.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Well, if a standard 9V one, then the one that came out of the smoke detector when you do your semi-annual battery change would be free!

Reply to
PeterD

Yeah, but you would still have to search under the dash for that stupid little box. They hide it pretty good. She should get Roy or the Rabbit shoot out the light!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Heck, I'd do it if using my 12ga was allowed... Might take out a few others but what the heck! Wonder how difficult it is to get the light out?

Reply to
PeterD

A small piece of black electrical tape is your friend. Goes right over the light.

Reply to
Roy

Now that you mention it the friggin' Rabbit is becoming quite the marksman. Don't know if he has out shot his daughter but I'm sure he's working on it.

The problem is will the friggin' Rabbit be able to get his fat ass into the truck to shoot anything.

I suppose he could use his stand off weapon, a 50 cal.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Now what the hell is this??? Fuck with the rabbit night???

I can outshoot Julie any time I want....for now. She's due to squirt out a kid any day so she hasn't shot any this summer and won't for at least a few more weeks. I'm safe..... This will make three granddaughters for papa to spoil...

To the OP.... Just change the battery and poke the reset button. iirc it's under the dash to the left side of the steering column.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Now what the hell is this??? Fuck with the rabbit night???

No, just the usual.

I can outshoot Julie any time I want....for now. She's due to squirt out a kid any day so she hasn't shot any this summer and won't for at least a few more weeks. I'm safe..... This will make three granddaughters for papa to spoil...

Yada yada. What my pudgy buddy means is that since Julie isn't going to the range he has yet to out shoot her.

Or to be real clear she kicks his fat ass!

One last cheap shot: It must be something to see the two of you together, two bulging stomachs. Of course here's will go away in a few weeks, your's on the other hand will continue to expand.

To the OP.... Just change the battery and poke the reset button. iirc it's under the dash to the left side of the steering column.

Denny

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Now is your chance, bunny, to challange Julie and belly up to the target (so to speak). She won't go, so you only have to hit it ONCE!

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

.
:

The word "challenge" and Julie does not go together. She'd find a way to beat my ass....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

The word "challenge" and Julie does not go together. She'd find a way to beat my ass....

Denny

This is where you say "Roy you were right again, as usual"

Reply to
Roy