Grinding Noise

I have a 97 Dakota. When I shift from park through Neutral to drive there is a momentary grinding noise. Any ideas as to what this might be. I would equate the noise to that of accidently cranking the engine while its running. Thanks

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan Hagen

I had a similar problem. Any one have any idea of what to check for ? snipped-for-privacy@mts.net

Reply to
frankbernier

I had a similar problem. Any one have any idea of what to check for ? snipped-for-privacy@mts.net

Reply to
frankbernier

No. Since you failed to quote what it was you were responding to I have no idea what you need.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Does it do it with the engine stopped? If so, I might consider some wiring or relay problem associated with the neutral safety switch. Maybe it really is momentarialy engaging the starter.

"Leroy"

Reply to
Leroy