OT: Baja house progress

Sort of on topic... the Ram is in a picture or 2.. *g*

Just an update for those who 're interested...

Spent 5 days there and we were busy every day...

met with electrician

met with cabinet maker

met contractor several times

picked out tile for floors, showers, counter tops, patios, etc.

picked out paint for interior/exterior

opened Mexican bank account

got Mexican cell phone and service

put rv in storage and arranged for them to move our stuff down when the house is ready

contributed to the local economy by drinking large quantities of Tecate every night..

We're hoping to have windows, doors, etc. in 2 more months and all tile work done... cabinet maker has 2 month backlog but shouldn't be a problem..

Pictures posted this morning at alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for those that might be interested... Mac

mac davis

Bro, didn't find any pic's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I checked this morning and they were there... you looked on the alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking newsgroup??

Mac

mac davis

Excellent pics, Mac. I don't see why you put OT on your post though, it seems to me you were asking about your PU in the dirt, whether or not it looked good. It does, and so does your house.

You gonna be hiding la machine south of the border? (so to speak)

FMB

Reply to
FMB

thanks.... wish the house and red tape were finished and we were moved in!

Mac

mac davis

Oooops, sorry bro. I didn't read the last para. My bad.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Hey FMB....Notice how ole Mac skipped that part about the "machine". The sneaky bastard's gonna sneak the "machine" into Mexico and keep it all to himself. Dale and Red's gonna be pissed and gonna try to get it back. I can see the border war starting right now. I'm just curious how he's gonna explain it to customs...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Damn !!! I was friggin' right!!!!!!! It IS all about "the machine"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have scripted this. Another

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Mac thinks he is covered under NAFTA.

FMB

Reply to
FMB

Us happily married folks don't need no steeken machine, Buggs...

Unlike a lot of married folks, when we have sex, there's usually 2 of us in the room.. *g*

Mac

mac davis

It is not that fur face is unhappily married, he's not. I met his wife and she is truly wonderful and she seems real happy with him (guess he isn't home much). The problem with fur face as I see it is, the belly that he is lugging around sticks out soooo far that anything else can't can't be brought into action if ya get what I mean.

Ouch!! That was beautiful bro.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Where in Baja? My folks live in Baja Mar just north of Ensenada and I have a sister with a beach house in La Mision.

Reply to
miles

hmm... a member of he "Dickey Doo" club"*

Good thing rabbits don't wear shoes... he wouldn't be able to see them...

*when your belly sticks out further than your dickey do..

Mac

mac davis

On the other side of Baja, Miles... 7 miles North of San Felipe, which is about

100 miles from Ensenada...

Two main highways there, we take 5, which runs from Mexicali to Cabo..

Hiway 1 runs from San Diego South..

Mac

mac davis

The saying is "The bigger the tool, the bigger the shed." To bad it don't pertain to me...:(

Usually????????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Except when it is him alone, or wit da machine?

FMB

Reply to
FMB

I've been to San Felipe once about 5 years ago. Really nice town. Reminds me of how Puerto Penasco (across the gulf from San Felipe) used to be about 25 years ago.

Reply to
miles

It's a pretty cool place... San Felipe is where the Mexican Nationals go for vacation... some pretty nice folks there..

Mac

mac davis