Switch Power Seat and Power windows circuits question

'99 Ram 1500

I'm thinking of swapping the circuits for the power windows and power seat so that the windows go up and down and the seat does not move with the ignition off by running short jumper wires between the respective circuit breakers in the drivers side fuse/junction block location. They are both 20 amp breakers. The way I envision the setup is to have the circuit breakers out of their normal location with jumper wires running to the junction block connections.

Neither circuit breaker has ever tripped, but I have 2 Questions...

1) Do the ciruit breakers need to be mounted to function - that is do they need to press against a stationary mount in order to trip? 2) The power window circuit output from the junction block is 14 gauge wire and the power seat is16 gauge. I assume the window circuit is larger to handle more heat because it is usually used more often and for a longer period of time or both windows may be operated at the same time and contact maintained after the windows hits a stop (either up or down). Does anyone know if the circuit suppling power to the breaks in the junction block is the same size? I realize the difference between 14 and 16 gauge is small, but it is a difference.
Reply to
Ed H.

That has been done before and it works. Read:

Nosey

Reply to
Ed H.