towing and tires..

thanks so much to:

2 GeekBoy Apr 23 3 Marc Apr 23 4 GeekBoy Apr 23 5 SnoMan Apr 23 6 clareatsnyder.on... Apr 23 7 SnoMan Apr 23 8 .boB Apr 23 9 Jay Apr 23 10 Tom Lawrence Apr 23

for responding to my question. My conclusion at this point is try with the tires on the truck and see how it goes. We will be bringing trailer from Missoula so it will be a good test, it won't be loaded except for a few things for 2 nights. Thank s again for you input! Tawnya

Reply to
tm

Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it goes.

Reply to
.boB

okey dokey. One new thing: my tire guy told me to look on door of truck and it would say the size of the tires that were on the truck when it was made.It says 17'! the dealer put the 20's on I think as part of the sport pkg. So I guess that means the 17's would cause harm.....why do things have to so confusing! I will keep you all posted when we tow from Montana...

Reply to
tm

a reply to my own reply: I meant to say the 17" would cause no harm...

Reply to
tm

Not true on my 99 Ram.... it lists the "standard" size on the door but the build sheet lists optional larger tires.. part of the towing package maybe? Mac

mac davis