Broken Cambelt

Op 6-7-2004, heeft Pauline Lewis verondersteld :

I have heard people saying that with a 55 motor when the belt brakes, there will be no damage... dont know if it is true... I am curious if in your case there is any...

Reply to
Draak

Hi, the cambelt on my wife's "P" reg punto 55S broke yesterday. It has been towed to our local garage for repair. I was wondering if there is enough clearance between the pistons and the valves so that the damage would be minimal so that I could get away with replacing the broken belt? Thanks.

Reply to
Pauline Lewis

I've heard the same... :-)

Ditto :-(

Reply to
Søren C. Fischer

I was told this by a Fiat Dealer. Still don't know if it's true! Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Reply to
Pauline Lewis