GM Working On A 'Mustang Competitor'!!

So are you on Phenobarbitol? I've heard of it being used for migrane sufferers and RSD victims. If so, Phenobarbitol is a controlled substance and it does have some mind-altering effects, though not as severe as opioids (Morphine, Dilaudid, Demerol, etc).

My specialty is trauma, renal, endrocrine and cardiac - very little neurological or psych in my 15 year background, so my knowledge of RSD is very limited. I do know a former nurse who was recently fitted with an internal neural stimulator with insertions at C5 and T1 - she says that it has made her life livable, but it is not working as well as she hoped.

Do you have a website up about your trials and tribulations with this disease? If not, consider making one - others may be able to use it as a point of information to help them with their afflictions.

My wife has end-stage MS, complete with the peripheral neuropathy, optic neuropathy, loss of fine motor control, neurogenic bladder and is now confined to a wheelchair and it is a race between the aspiration pneumonia or urosepsis that will take her to the celestial chariot.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Hell, I wasn't taking anything too seriously... I was writing a drunken screed, like I said, as I've done before in this and many other groups =) When I write drunken screeds, they typically come out serious, 'cause I'm extremely opinionated sober and even more extremely vocally opinionated when I'm drunk... That's where it came from =)

Reply to
7ball

GM's SUV's these days are Civilized for the most part. They have done away with the 2 door Small & Full size Blazers. They have way to many 'Cute Ute's that were never intended to go off roading.

If You look at a 71 Blazer, it's a totally different beast then the new Tahoe. Made for two totally different types of driving. Makes someone like me sick just thinking about it.

Yes they flopped on the styling. Yet it's a start. Maybe they will bring back more RWD platforms.

Both Ford & GM sell some cool rides down under. Even some of the European cars are cool.

Part of it is emissions, part is different regulations. There is also a stronger import market. While new Import sales are not that large, huge volumes of used Japanese vehicles are brought in straight from Japan. I have a friend who is a shipping clerk for a company that brokers cars in Australia. Most cars she handles are not over 3 years old. That's one hell of a competition for GM & Ford. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

2 Bottles of Champagne tend to turn one in to a bad speller. Try it some time. Charles
Reply to
Charles Bendig

So I was Drunk. Celebrated way too much last night. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

message

You know in all my years, only one woman every though she could make off with something she should have touched. Then she felt bad about it and returned it the next day.

As for my teeth, I still have all but two of them. I had two wisdom teeth pulled back in 2001. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I save Rare Parts from destruction. The V-4 intake I saved as a conversation piece. I don't plan on selling it, but I would if someone actually needed it. My home is in the Birth Place of Aviation. While I have helped out some owners clubs in the past, I don't have any regular dealings with them. As for my dick, I'm rather selective about who touches it. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Hey I resemble those remarks :) Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

So you understand the pain of being right but having no one listen due to the fact that you're drunk... heh heh

Reply to
7ball

Or that Lincoln would have a truck?

Don Manning

I think this would fit right into their plans, actually.

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

"Charles Bendig" wrote in news:7MQCc.158512$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Charly, Elkys aren't trucks. They're cars with beds instead of trunks.

Joe

Idiot, Sunbeam sold them with 289s. Now please get back on your meds. There, I asked nicely.

"Refinish King" wrote in news:YcOCc.697$ snipped-for-privacy@fe39.usenetserver.com:

Reply to
Joe

You're a n00b here, so take the advice and run, you will NOT win a battle of wits against CJ.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I know what Elky's are Jo-Jo. I have trucks for heavy hauling. A car biased truck is more comfortable to ride around in chasing down parts then a truck is. Hell driving around or riding around in our Suburban with a trailer over 2000 pounds hitched to the back all day will take the man out of most people.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

"Charles Bendig" wrote in news:Bo0Dc.158786$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Yeah. Right. Jus don't be callin' Elkys and even Rancheros trucks. Cuz they ain't. Dey's cars.

Joe

Reply to
SgtSilicon

(about 3/4 down)

Ian Garrad, manager of Rootes' operations on the West Coast of the USA, had been watching with interest the success of the AC Cobra. The Cobra was the result of fitting a Ford V8 into the AC Ace. In 1963, Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles were each commissioned to build a prototype Ford V8-powered Alpine.

The Shelby prototype was eventually presented to Lord Rootes who was sufficiently impressed to give the project the go ahead. The Mk I Tiger, introduced in 1964, combined the Series IV Alpine bodyshell with a 4.2 litre Ford V8 engine. The Tiger was assembled by Jensen in West Bromwich. It was dubbed Tiger in honour of the 1920's Sunbeam racing car of the same name. In some markets, however, it was sold as the Alpine V8.

The Tiger, launched in 1964, was the result of fitting a Ford 4.2 litre V8 into the Sunbeam Alpine bodyshell. Initiated by Ian Garrad, it was developed from two Alpine V8 prototypes built by Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles respectively. The 4.2 litre engine produced 164bhp @

4400rpm.

Tigers were built by Jensen Motors at West Bromwich. A small number were also assembled in South Africa from CKD kits. 6,546 examples of the Mark I were built.

The Mark II Tiger of 1967 received a 4.7 litre V8, developing 200bhp @

4400rpm. Mark II production totalled 536 examples.

The takeover of Rootes by Chrysler led to the untimely demise of the Tiger. Chrysler did not want to be seen to be building Ford-powered cars, and did not have a suitable engine of their own.

The Tiger was sold in some countries as the Alpine V8. It is perhaps most famous for its role in the television series Get Smart.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Thanks for that little bit o' history. I wasn't aware ol' Carroll was involved. The sports car club my parents belonged to had a couple of Tigers. So did a guy in the hood. They weren't rare in N. CA.

nb

Reply to
notbob

I think all of our opinions are a bit more firm when a bit:

Toasty!

LOL

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Slow down there Joe, I've obviously had my differences with RK so I'm not defending him, but you're BOTH right. It WAS a swap, but it was also Factory engineered. Just like the Boss 429 project was a factory engineered *swap*. Both programs were similar in that the factory decided to shoehorn a motor into a chassis that was never built for it. Kar Kraft cut and reinforced shocktowers to make the Shotgun fit in the Boss cars. Sunbeam had some guy named Hans with a huge sledgehammer who knew just right where to beat the crap out of the firewall. The reason I know this is because I know people who have owned and currently own BOTH of these cars. The guy with the Sunbeam is a bodyguy and has shown me the sledge marks with the original factory paint over those marks. He knows exactly how it was done. The Boss needs no introduction.

Reply to
66 6F HCS