What about a 5th Gen Firebird??

Let me get this started. Has anyone heard about plans for a 5th Generation Firebird since it looks like the 08 Camaro is a go? There are PhotShop JPGs around the next of what a 5th Gen. Trans Am would look like with retro hood scope, air extractors and 77/79 type split grill.

But, noting in the press. Just more and more on the 08 Camaro along with the Dodge resto (Charger?).

Know the Soltis is hot and so does the preview of the new G6 GT look good.

So, what are folks hearing out there on the net?

Reply to
brxsep

There are no plans for a new Firebird. They want to take Pontiac in a different direction. They want to try to go after the BMW market now. I wish them the best of luck with that!

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

That's just too bad. I'd love it if they brought out a new Trans Am that looked even remotely like this:

Amritpal Bath

They should have given the GTO/Monaro to Chevrolet to sell as a new Chevelle SS, and given the new 08 5th Gen to Pontiac so they could do a new Firebird. Trans Am always had more street pulling power than a Z/28

Classic Firebird

-- tlake

View this thread:

Send from

tlake

What do you mean? From '82 on they used the exact same engines.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Even further, IIRC they shared more than just the engines after that point. Were they not pretty much the same car with different asthetics? Now mid to late 70's with the 455 that would be true of, but once we got into the third generation and beyond? Nope, the same car with different lines to the bodywork. Even the doors and such are interchangable, the differences are all cosmetic.

Reply to
Cy Welch

Many parts have been interchangeable on F-bodies right from the start. Front and rear sheet metal is about the only thing that wasn't interchangeable.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to