Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2006 Explorer, Tire pressure sensor fault
Hello All..... Had a problem where I had to replace a damaged wheel on my Explorer. The tire center also replaced the sensor and band. However, I get a sensor error on the dash. The tire dealer said...
7
7

1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop
Here is the problem with a 94 ford explorer. Whenever the truck is stopped, whether starting out from a driveway or an intersection, it hesitates / cuts out for a second when you put your foot on the...
17
17

93 Explorer-sagging doors-hinge replacement
Hi, I have a 1993 Ford Explorer with sagging doors on both the driver's side and passenger side. I checked with an auto body shop and they told me it would cost roughly $200.00 per door to fix. This...
5
5

HOW DO YOU TURN ON FOG LAMPS 2002 FORD EXPLORER XLT?
"Don-Don" wrote I leave them on Am I the only one to see the contradiction, here? H
19
19

96 explorer 4.0 with low fuel pressure?
I am chasing a very slight consistant stumble at idle. I am getting 28psi off the fuel rail. When I unplug the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator I get 38psi. Turn truck off and it held 38psi...
13
13

Exhaust Manifold Removal 96 5.0 AWD
Been trying to get the left (driver side) manifold out to replace gasket. I tried following the removal procedure from but can seem to get the necessary clearance to get the manifold past the steering...
2
2

Solved Coolant Leak: Lower Intake Manifold Gasket
1994 FExplorer, 4.0L, Edmonton, AB: - The Explorer was experiencing a small coolant leak. By 'small', I mean it would mainly leak less than 1/4 cup full after shutting off the engine. Inspecting under...
9
9

Serpentine Belt -- Part Number?
Hello, just purchased a new serpentine belt for my 1998 Explorer EB, V8 from one of my local Ford dealers. Now that I'm home I noticed a slight difference in the Ford part numbers and wonder if I...
10
10

92 Explorer transfer case neutral option??
Have a 92 Explorer with the electric shift. Obviously there is no Ford provided selectable neutral so I can disengage both drive shafts for towing behind an RV. I know there is a dealer option for the...
7
7

Re: 2002 Ford Explorer delay shifting into reverse
Well the Ford dealer that I purchased the Explorer from has finally determined that there is something wrong with my transmission. They are sure it something to do with the fluid pressure so the...
6
6

What does it mean "CHECK GAGE" ???
Hel me !
8
8

1994 Ford Ranger XLT brake problem
I recently purchased a 1994 Ranger 5 speed with only 75,000 miles. I have noticed that the brakes seem to be working except when at a stand still and constant pressure is applied to brakes the pedal...
3
3

91 Ford Explorer Transmission Problem
Hi all, My '91 Ford Explorer is having some transmission problems. I noticed over the past couple months that when I shift from 'park' to 'O' that it took the transmission a second or two to engage...
14
14

ford credit late payment? (2023 Update)
Can someone tell me what happens if I am supposed to make a payment on my auto by the 2nd of the month but can not? DOes ford credit have a grace period? are there any fees? I could nto find any info...
12
12

2007 Explorer Keyless Entry Codes No sticker on computer module
Is there a method to get the codes without the label on the computer module? Just bought the Explorer and have no codes for the keyless entry. I can find no sticker on the computer module. Is there a...
11
11

92 headlight relay location
Be sure and check the ground wire that comes from the light socket and bolts to the radiator support. I took mine off once for some reason and then put it back on. I thought I had it on tight but it...
4
4

Unlock all doors by turning key twice?
Is there a way for a user to enable all power doors to unlock when the key is turned twice in the door locks? I used to have this feature until the '97 Explorer went to Ford for some body work. The...
2
2

Explorer V8 EGR valve replacement
Does anyone know where I can find the instructions for replacing the EGR valve in a 96 Explorer V8? None of the typical manuals (Chiltons, Haynes) cover the V8 in enough detail for this to be...
16
16

Re: 5.0 V8 Camshaft Synchronizer
It was actually pretty easy, I basically set the engine to #1 top dead center by aligning the timing mark and index. I then took off the cam sensor from the top of the cam synchronizer. To see the "C"...
6
6

replacing the transfer case chain?
Anyone with experience replacing a borg warner transfer case chain? Mine is a borg Warner 4404 for AWD EB 5.0 '96 Explorer. Any help appreciated
14
14