New Cross Terrains louder?

2002 Explorer. Got 55K miles out of the original set and very happy with them. Never noisy for an SUV tire. Just bought a new set and
they are much louder. Like an aggressive truck tire. I don't recall any significant sound when new on the first set. Has anyone gone with replacement Cross Terrains? What did you think?
I put a set of Cross Terrains on my 99 about 2 years ago,they were quiet then, and quiet now. How is the ride? Is it the same or more harsh? If it's more harsh, check to see if you got a higher load rating on your new tires, which means a stiffer sidewall and harsher ride. On my 99, the load rating is 105 for a P235/75R15. I don't know what size the 2002 uses.
Its a 235/70R-16. Load rating is 104S I think. The ride doesn't seem any different. I gotta take a nice kid-free (quiet) ride tomorrow morning to see if I can gather any more details. I'm taking it back to the tire shop within the week.
Check the tire pressure. I don't know if it would make a difference, but tire shops can put in the wrong pressure when they install new tires.