sputtering sound

hey everyone...after replacing my egr valve and pipe a couple weeks ago, my explorer (94 xlt, 130k) makes a sound coming from under the hood. it's like the noise you would make if you were sticking your tongue out at someone, aka a "raspberry" or "razzberry." the noise responds to throttle levels; at WOT the noise is loudest, but if i let a little off the gas then the noise seems to go completely away. is this related to my egr work, or something else? let me know if i have to describe it better.

Reply to
John T. Waisanen