whose got the most miles

225K, 97 xlt, 4wd, SOHC, it's gotta be working
Reply to
fog-dog

'92 EB with 270K. Original engine, second transmission, manual locking hubs now. So far on the engine I replaced the intake, valve cover, timing chain, and water pump gaskets. New timing gears and chain, water pump, and starter. A/C leaks but the compressor still seems to be OK. Original alternator but I'm going to replace it soon cause it can't possibly last much longer. I think it still has the original shocks. Every time I think about putting on new ones something more "essential" breaks and they get put off again. Still looks presentable when cleaned and waxed but lately it's been covered with mud most of the time.

'91 XLT with 195K. Original engine, second transmission, manual locking hubs. New intake manifold and valve cover gaskets, alternator and starter. Most of it works. The drivers side inside door handle broke which seems to be a Ford trademark. Still looks pretty good cleaned up and still goes through stuff I never expected it to when I bought it. It even has mud on the top right now.

Reply to
Ulysses
220k, '94 Limited Original engine and trans, replaced alternator, trans modulator, A/C condensor,A/C clutch, Front U-joints, tires, brakes, shocks Cruise control doesn't work but I'm stuck in traffic so often it doesn't matter to me.

Mike

Reply to
Mike L
243K 96 Sport. 2nd tranny. 1st engine.

Although it is technically not running due to clutch problems. Will have it back on the road in a few weeks though I hope.

Need's an intake manifold re-torque for sure.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Scrutton

BTW, what's first and second prize?

Reply to
Ulysses

adulation

Reply to
fog-dog

!995 Explorer XLT 4x4 350,000 k I just bought it used and cost 1600 to certify. Was told 2nd tranny but everything including plug wires seems to be original. So far all works ok.

Reply to
Muddler
350K!!! Don't let Ford find out or they'll go re-engineer everything so it won't last so long!

What do you mean "1600 to certify?" Is that $1600.00 or $16.00? What does certify mean? I'm in California and if we have that here I don't know about it.

How much did an Explorer with 350K miles cost?

Reply to
Ulysses

Reply to
Jonah

$1,600.00 to get a safety or road safe certificate. Replaced plugs (with NGK platinums) and new wires. I had a problem with the interior lights but all is solved now. So far everything else seems to be ok. Waiting for spring to do more work on it. It is just to cold out there to do anything right now. I suppose a nice heated shop would be the cure for that.

Reply to
Muddler
92 sport manual

196500

Replaced - Shocks power stering pump rear U-joints at 175000 auto hubs with manuals wheel bearings on left side after seazure (my fault - too long between repacking)

Just replaced the fuel pressure regulator

also - belts and hoses as prevenative measure Thinking about oxy sensor PCV valve Alt water pump clutch with slave cyl

( any other suggestions ? )

Hoping to get another 50K out of her

Andy

fog-dog wrote: