why am i not surprised...

A wise person once said "the less people touch my car, the better off I am."

Reply to
Mikepier

My last trip into Iffy Lube, I was read off the things they did and one was 'replace the drain plug, $3.00'. Mind you, no one walked over and said I needed it replaced or even showed me the 'bad' one. Just 'here is you bill.' I gave them, and later the regional office, a good piece of my mind on that. They sent me a certificate for a 1/2 price oil change. DUH! Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

It was 'only' 3 bucks, and I considered it cheap enlightenment. I could have been ripped off a lot worse, based on the video. I now use a small local shop, just a couple of guys, but it's less expensive and I have confidence in their ability and integrity.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

Another scheme I have seen...I noticed I always seemed to be 1/2 qt low when leaving a certain oil service place. They buy the house oil in bulk and pump it in like gas, so shorting just a 1/2 qt would really make some difference to them after a while. I now request a specific type or bring in quart bottles of other than the house oil to be sure I get all of it.

=Vic= Bear Gap, PA

Reply to
Vic Klein

or you could check it before you drive off and have them add 1/2 qt

Reply to
Spud Unger