Wireless Keyless Entry

Proud owner of a 99 XLT. I just purchased the keyless entry add-on package. (not the one that is wired) Anyways, You are supposed to stick it to where you want using the double sided super tape it comes with (don't touch your finger to it...took my a while to get it off!)

I placed it in the desired position, and went to step two. It told me to Insert key in ignition, Turn the ignition from off to on(not all the way to start) 8 times and stop on the "ON" position...and to do this all within 10 seconds.

The door locks are supposed to cycle and then I am ready to program the keypad.

THIS DIDN'T WORK. Not even a door cycle, click or anything. all I had was my annoying key reminder noise. Has anyone else purchased the add-on keypad and had the same problems? I don't want to pay the dealer $100 to install after I bought the "SELF INSTALL" kit for almost $200!

-Andy

Reply to
Teleplus Gatineau

You do have the RKE with the key fobs and everything, right?

Reply to
Jim Warman

HA-HA...

Yes Jim I have key FOBS and keyless entry. This is essentially another key FOB but with numbers but I just cant get my computer system to go into program mode.

Garr..

I hate dealerships. Anything for a buck.

Reply to
Teleplus Gatineau

I know the ones you mean... pretty popular at our dealership.... The method in the shop manual is to cycle the key from off to run 8 times in 10 seconds ending in the on position... the doors should lock and then unlock once. Not surre if this is the same sequence as in the owners manual.

Jim Warman

I hate accountants... I hate grocers.... I hate shoe stores... I hate hardware stores.... anything for a buck.

Reply to
Jim Warman

What a douche-nozzle. You are asking for his (free) help and then you slam him at the end?

You do know that Jim is a mechanic at a Ford Dealership, don't you? In your own country even...

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

Yeah Jim... I checked that out and the 8 times in 10 seconds thing didn't work. My uncle tried it too and he said it probably needs to be hooked up to the computer. He works at Donnelly Ford in Ottawa (Chief Mechanic) Thanks anyways though. Looks like I have to bite the bullet and pay someone to get my self-install done. What a rip!

as for FRED WE: wow...chill out dude... it is a figure of speech. Nobody likes to go to the dealer. It is always more expensive. And we all know it. Even Jim. I didn't mean anything towards him he is a great guy trying to help people who don't want to spend as much money..(THIS IS WHY I BASHED THE DEALERSHIP AND NOT JIM)

And if you really must know...My uncle is a head Mechanic at Donnelly Ford in Ottawa south, and guess what what...he hates dealers too! So why don't you keep your little childlike rude comments to yourself and run along if you are going to be an ass.

-Andy

Reply to
Teleplus Gatineau

OK, Andy,

Sorry for any *extravagance* in my retort. Childlike? I don't think so. But, I suppose it was a bit over the top, in retrospect.

I just can't see the point of biting the hand, etc. Jim is a (rare) resource on this particular newsgroup that I personally would hate to see put-off by rudeness...

I agree , dealerships can be expensive, but they do have overhead to contend with. Your comment was probably as uncalled for as mine. Sometimes we (both) should probably just keep our opines to ourselves. Eh?

Good luck with your problem.

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound