Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

wipers and windows not working at same time
Anyone know what this would mean? My wipers and my windows stop working the same time. but then they come back. like there's a loose wire somewhere. The Dome light is connected also and comes and...
3
3

Anyone using General Grabber HTS tires?
They've been getting good reviews and I was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with them in snow and highway smoothness. Thanks. Ben
4
4

Ford India starts new Figo production at Chennai plant
Ford India launched its production of its new compact car Ford Figo in Chennai plant following a $500 Million investment by Ford Motor Company. New Ford Figo car production capacity is up to 200,000...
1
1

2010 Explorers
What gives with Ford no longer offering standard transmissions? The fact that there line of 2010 Explorers are only automatic is keeping me from ever considering upgrading my 92.
15
15

2005 Automatic
My 2005 Limited V8 is starting to show some problems with the automatic transmission. The truck has about 80,000 miles and is starting to have a hard downshift from overdrive when I come to a stop...
1
1

Explorer Load Weight Capacity?
I'm getting ready to lay a new laminate floor and can save some $$ if I can eliminate delivery. Any thoughts on trying to haul about 600 pounds in the back of a 2005 4X2 Explorer? Travel distance...
9
9

E15 in 97 Explorer
With the possibility that the Ethanol mix in Gasoline will increase from present 10% to 15%, I was wondering the impact on my 97 Ford Explorer. I have heard that cars less than 8 years old should be...

Replace thermostat in 2000 V8?
I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer AWD, so it has the V8. The symptoms my wife is describing sound like the thermostat is stuck open (temp gauge never budges from cold, interior heater works but is weaker than...
2
2

Loss of coolant
My 1998 Mountaineer 5.0, AWD with 120,000 miles is loosing coolant. I can leave the car in the driveway for 4-5 hours and no leak. However, each morning I can see small puddles on the garage floor. I...
5
5

2002 EB Electronic Climate Control Problem
My 2002 EB with 67k miles recently developed a problem . The electronic climate control stays off when the engine is restarted. I can hear creaking and groaning noises behind the instrument panel for...
1
1

First non-service repair on my '97 E. B.
Just had my first non service repair on my '97 Eb 6 cyl SOHC. The OBT II reader sent back a code of P0430 Catalyst operatiing below threshold. (Bank 2). I replaced the Converter on that side and all...

Oil Filter adapter leak
2002 Moutaineer 4.6L AWD. I've got a leak that is coming from the fitting where the oil filter screws on. It is definitely not the filter itself or the filter gasket. Did a little internet research....
5
5

No fuel at fuel rail
I've got a '96 Ford Explorer V8 2WD. I parked it for lunch and now it will crank but will not start. There is no fuel pressure on the fuel rail / schrader valve. I've checked all of the fuses. I've...
4
4

Question about gear lubricant
Hello All I'm about to change the gear oil on my 92 XLT with limited slip (I'm at 103,000 miles) The parts store gave me Castrol Limited Slip Gear Lubricant and the 4 oz of friction modifier Ford...
11
11

99 Explorer Dash Lamp replacement Extra Connector?
Finally got around to relamping the instrument panel in my 99 Explorer Sport. First a few word on the process. There was no need to remove any of the knobs as mentioned on line or in the factory...