Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Parting out 1992 Ford Explorer
I am parting out a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. I have many good parts. The interior is very clean. The body is in very good condition. Parts from this will fit the 91-94 model year explorers, and some...
5
5

Additonal brake question Jim W!
Hello Jim and anyone else who might have answer. Fist off, sorry to post this as a new thread, but I wanted to make sure folks saw it. I went ahead and changed the shoes - so far the left ones (Boy,...
7
7

Adjust brake shoe to drum clearance et al
Hello All Sorry to be posting through Google, but my ISP (Verizon) is about to end Usenet access because "there are more exciting alternatives." Yeah. Anyway, two questions for my 92 XLT (which I...
4
4

2002 froozen doors
freezing moisture i can not close my doors after opening my doors. i dont think it is my locks, i think it is linkage in my door. i would like help with this problem, thank you so much
1
1

92 Exsploere Problem
ok ive had this 92 exsplorer for about 1 1/2 years now. ive put on a cold air intake thats built for a 95 honda civic just modified a bit. had it on sence january 08 and the performance was crazy....
2
2

Before I head to the dealer......
I have a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD. I noticed that my radiator overflow container was empty. I filled it up about an inch below the "Hot Level". I drove 70 miles in 100 degree weather, so I thought I...
4
4

Instrument panel BRAKE light on
98 Explorer SOHC 4x4 EB. My instrument panel BRAKE warning light is staying on after starting (was intermittent, but no more). I also noticed that my daytime running lamps (CAN model) are no longer...
3
3

2003 EB Passenger Side Mirror Replacement Instructions
I have a 2003 Explorer EB. The passenger side mirror is broken. It's a power, heated, with the lamp at the bottom. Textured, black. I think I have found the right part here: I'm wrong, correct me and...
3
3

Battery dead cannot roll car
1999 Explorer FWD auto. The battery is dead. The front of the car is under a shelf so I cannot open the hood. I put it in neutral but it won't roll, seems locked. Is the 4wd system locking the wheels?
4
4

Simple question about jacking '02 Explorer
I'm going to be replacing all my brake pads. The owner's and Haynes service mauals tell where to place the jack stands, but where is it safe to jack it up using a floor jack at the front and rear of...

Radio interference capacitor - 2001 Explorer
I have a 2001 Explorer that has radio interference from igntion. I wanted to check the capacitor, Oasis I saw and Alldata say itis next to the ignition coil on the front of the engine. That doesn't...
3
3

transmission fluid and rpm
my neighborhood got flooded and my truck sat for 2 weeks drying out. unbelievably, its running now, but the guy at the auto store said i need to buy some more transmission fluid and put it in. do i...
3
3

Radio, power windows and interior lights do not work
I am guessing this is a fuse, but would like to know for sure if it is. The power winodws, radio and interior lights do not work. WOuld this be a fuse and if so, which one?
2
2

Problems with Heated seats
Problems with Heated seats : I have an '04 SportTrac with heated seats w/switch on the outside of the seat. 1.) Switch is in the worst position possible, often during the summer time you enable the...

removing the starter from a 2000 explorer
anyone successfully done this, or know where i can find a diagram or something online for this thing? in trying to save money, we are replacing our starter ourselves. weve unbolted it but we cant...
3
3