1999 Mondeo - Thud!

Hi,

I have just been converted to Ford having driven VW's for years.

Quick question - my Mondeo lets out a "Thud" when I release the clutch pedal - the faster I let it up the louder the thud is - what is causing this? Do I need a new clutch?

Also when I depress the clutch pedal when the engine revving there is a "whirring" noise until I engage the next gear. What is this?

Otherwise the car is excellent for having 110,000 miles on the odometer.

All help appreciated.

Scott Bingham

Reply to
londonbeat

Ask on the forums at

This covers the Mondeo, along with the US versions, the Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique/Mercury Cougar.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Check your motor mounts.

l> Hi,

Reply to
Keith

sounds like two of the most common wear out items:

  1. thud = worn universal joint (I'm real familiar with that one)
  2. whirring = clutch throw out bearing (never had that problem on my Ranger tho')

Mike

Reply to
CS_Mike