2008 New 'Mondeo' Diesel engine - re-fuelling problems

3 weeks old and only filled up the fuel tank 3 times... but it takes about 25 - 30 minutes to put between 50 and 60 litres of diesel into the tank as the fuel nozzle continually cuts out every 2 seconds or so. Tried different fuel pumps at various fuel stations hundreds of miles apart but no difference... so its the car and not the pump... PS the fuel tanks is the new one which will not allow the wrong fuel to be poured into the tank.

-- Message posted using

information at

wotnotagain

if it's new, it's under warranty...have you checked with the dealer? Does the owner's manual have any suggestions?

Maybe a kink in the fill tube???

Does it fill faster if you squeeze the nozzle gently vs latching it on?

FYI, for US folks, the Mondeo is a Contour, but with better options :)

--Don Don Byrer KJ5KB Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy Glider & CFI wannabe kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves..."

Reply to
Don Byrer

I Got the solution from FORD - eventually. When inserting fuel nozzle into tank 'push down' on the fuel line nozzle and this opens the neck of the tank to allow fuel in. Nice of Ford not to tell anyone - not even mentioned in sales brochures or owner manuals - PS now done 11,000 miles and returning in excess of 50 miles per gallon - topping 55mpg on one tank full = over 700 miles on a tank of fuel

-- Message posted using

information at

wotnotagain