'91 Mustang GT: Fog Light Lens Fell Off!!!!!!

I have a 1991 Mustang GT. A fog light lens fell off and I have no idea how to reattach it. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks very much in advance. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
<xtx99

Krazy glue, apply all the way around, evenly but sparingly.. and get it right first time, only chance you get.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And if that does not work just get a cheap replacement at your local auto salvage yard. Before you go maybe do a search on car-part.com to get a good list of vehicles that might have also used that fog lamp.

Reply to
sleepdog

Everybody seems to have their medium. I know one man that loves to fix things with bungie cords, duct tape, and silicone. (No, it's not me.) He can attach a heavy side mirror assembly like it's bolted on using only silicone, and it's hard to detect too.

You want the lens to be water tight so perhaps silicone would work for you. You'd have to tape it in place while it cured. Clear epoxy would work too. If I thought I'd ever need to remove the lens, say if the bulb comes out the front, I would instead drill two small holes in the plastic and attach it with screws meant for plastic. I have access to every type of screw, but if you needed something you might rob screws from the back of some Chinese junk you are scrapping out. Look in your trash. We all seem to have some.

Reply to
Al Bundy

If those are Marchal lamps, there's no such thing as a "cheap" replacement.

Reply to
Tom Adkins