92Ford taurus suddenly won't start

My car was doing fine then all of a sudden it wouldn't start.I put the key in the ignition,turned the key and didn't hear a sound.But everytime I turned the key my brake light flashed.My radio and all interior lights work as usual.I checked my battery connections and they were fine.My car did idle high for the past three day but I thought it may have been the gas I bought.Can anyone please send me any ideas on what it could be?

Reply to
lyteblue