Can't open repair manual CD

Folks, some six months ago, I purchased a 1998 Ford Service and Repair Manual CD (FCS-12551-98C19).

When I first got it I had some trouble getting into the guts of the manual, but finally managed to figure out the "trick."

Was trying to open it again and no luck. Basically I get to the service menu screen for 1998 Mustang and click on the 'view" button to view the "engine" section and nothing happens.

I remember having the same problem the last time I used it, but don't remember what I did to overcome it. Any clues?

Reply to
timbirr

dirty or scratched cd could be it.

Reply to
ShoeSaleman

Turned out I was working under my daughter's log-in, which has no administrative priv.

When I logged in under mine, no problem......Thanks though.

Reply to
timbirr

Why the heck would the writer have set higher than 'guest' privileges on that? I'd think it would be set as 'user'... so that it would run in most basic mode to keep idiots from dicking around with the PC!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Did you get it from Helminc.com ? If not, I think many of them are poorly made, full of read errors. It works one time, and not the next. Try start-run-eventvwr.msc and look at System errors.

Reply to
dold

my 1995 and 1999 Ford cars full line complete service manuals always work great--these are the same ones I had offered to sell for low money, but some member got up in arms about that...too bad, they are great snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com

Reply to
septicman