car wiring diagram (for trailer socket) Ford Fiesta '96

Hi,

Can anyone supply me with the car wiring colours/diag for a tow socket on a Ford Fiesta Encore '96 reg. The socket is already wired - I just need to connect it up to the car.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

hiya,

try

yes, it's the volvo owners club site but it applies to other cars as well.

pottsy

Hi thanks for this but it doesn't help - I already have a socket wiring diagram, what I am after is the diagram to wire this into the car - i.e. the car wiring does not follow the yellow, black, white, blue green, brown, red colour coding of the socket - it has its own colours.

thanks anyway.

Reply to
Mike

You could just do what the rest of us do and use a test light to find the correct wires yourself with a test light. A cheap one can be had for about $5.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

How would I determine which wire is the earth - not bother and attach the socket earth to the chassis ?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

You got it! I always found a metal attach point near here I was attaching to harness, scratch the paint and use a self-tapping screw with an internal tooth lock washer.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for this.

Mike