Defeating Power Door Locks

Have a 99 Ford Contor with an Automatic, V6 and keyless entry. I would like to stop the door locks fron engaging when starting the engine. This is a problem when starting the engine on a cold morning, allowing it to warm the car while I am not in it. The moment I close the door while the engine is running all doors lock, thus locking my keys in the car. Any ideas ??

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Thomas Moats

keep a spare ignition key for warm up

Reply to
Falcoon

1) ALWAYS carry a spare key, preferably in a DIFFERENT pocket. 2) Read your owners manual. Auto-locking is usually programmable, although the procedure can seem like a voodoo ritual. 3) If you don't have your manual, and somebody doesn't post a procedure, check out
out the information. Once logged in, you can go to the 'glovebox' and download an Adobe Acrobat .PDF version of your manual.
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Defeating Power Door Locks Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Sat, Dec 20, 2003, 9:41pm (EST+5) From: tanque snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Joe) Have a 99 Ford Contor with an Automatic, V6 and keyless entry. I would like to stop the door locks fron engaging when starting the engine. This is a problem when starting the engine on a cold morning, allowing it to warm the car while I am not in it. The moment I close the door while the engine is running all doors lock, thus locking my keys in the car. Any ideas ?? Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Eric Toline

As a final suggestion, try

If anybody knows how to do it on a Contour, somebody on one of their forums will.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann