Escort 2001 Revs hight on start up!

My Escort revs high (rmp) on startup, so much so that I have to put on the brakes. Is that normal on escorts and ford focus? Can it be adjusted?

Reply to
lbbs

Not to be snotty, but how does hitting the brakes lower the rpm? Are you in gear?

As for an answer, not by you most likely. The high rpm thing happend to my Saturn ( not saying it's the same, but just an example), and after some checking out the engine temp sensor was out of range, telling the computer to ad too much fuel.

Do you have a 'check engine light on'. I didn't get one on my saturn either, but just asking.

tom

***************** Our Sites *****************
- Adults Only!***************************************************
Reply to
junkmail01

lbbs opined in news:pFEhc.138$ snipped-for-privacy@read2.cgocable.net:

Not enuff info.

Does it idle fine when it warms up?

How long does it take for the rpm's to drop?

Does it run rough at any time, otherwise?

The computer sets the speed and it sees something wrong.

DO NOT try to adjust it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Ah, good guestions, I missed that.