ford escort starting problems

hi, regarding my previous post, I just thought I would add.

I know if the car wont start while I crank the starter motor as the rev counter needle does not move, if the rev counter jumps a bit while cranking it starts, I read that this could be an ignition fault

thanks

Reply to
stephen morgan

Yeah, it would. If it has a distributor, then check the pickup or ignition module.

Check for initial little bounce when you turn key on.. says coil is getting power, though does not rule out coil.

If it doesnt have Distributor, is probably still ignition module... or Crank/cam position sensor

And please post "IN THREAD", next time... helps keep things straight.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

By any chance... does the starter sound "different" when it doesn't start?

Reply to
Jim Warman

I dont think it sounds different as it starts instantly if its going to start at all, even when it doesnt start the starter seems to be doing its job no problem, what do I know though

Reply to
stephen morgan

Reply to
stephen morgan