Help! 2000 Focus - no fuel - need wiring diagram

Hi:

I have a 2000 focus with the Zetec that will not start. It has spark, but no fuel, even at the input of the filter. I tried resetting the fuel cutoff, checked the fuses and the fuel pump relay. I then dropped the tank enough to access the fuel pump and I found a 5 wire connector going to the pump, and another 3 wire connector going into the tank on the driver's side (fuel level sensor?). I don't have a wiring diagram for this car, so I need to know the function of the 5 wires? Only 1 wire (white/red) has +12V when the key is in the run or start position, but it also shows +12V after I remove the fuel pump fuse and relay, so I doubt that it is the actual power for the pump. There are two black wires (ground I assume?), a green/orange (I suspect fuel pump power?), and what appears to be a brown/red(?). If anyone could offer some suggestions, or a wiring diagram, it would be appreciated.

Thanks Cliff

Reply to
Cliff

"Cliff" wrote

The fuel pump (in a unit with the sender) is a known defect in the early Foci. Mine was replaced two years ago. It is the obvious suspect. At the time it was replaced under warrantee, and did not take the mechanic long, so didn't look like too bad a job.

Reply to
Dave Gower

I have detailed wiring diagrams can check and let you know what should be on each wire. Level sensor and pump share same unit, and are a known failure on upto around 2000my cars.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks Tim. Do you have a soft copy of the wiring that you could send me?

Thanks Cliff

Reply to
Cliff