07 Focus key programing

Just got a PATS key, had it cut at Home Depot. It opens the door, works in the ignition tumbler, but wont program to start the car. Tried the manual instructions several times, and never got the "key programed signal". Any sugestions?

Jim

Reply to
jamesd43081

Jim,

Timing could be the issue. You must do the programming in the exact order and within the time frame in the instructions. The other possibility is that you got a bad PATS key.

Reply to
Bill R

If this is the MkII new focus, then you *cannot* programme keys yourself. Its a dealer only job.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

The instructions in my manual are badly worded, implying that you need to complete each step within 5 seconds. They ought to say that you have to complete the whole sequence within 5 seconds. Once I realised this and went through the procedure fast enough it worked first time. Could this be your problem?

John

Reply to
John Barnes

The vender of the Strattec key says that key has to be programed by a locksmith, so much for $15, at least I can open the door. I have a Ford key on order now, hope I can program that.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jamesd43081

OK, got my ford key, and within a few minutes after having it cut, I got it programed the first time. Now I feel more comfortable with 3 working keys.

Thanks every> The vender of the Strattec key says that key has to be programed by a

Reply to
jamesd43081