blown f47 - accessory connector

following the collapse of a accesory connector in the socket, conductive parts shorted out the connector and I believe blew fuse 47 in the fusebox behind the glove box. Now good ole Haynes manual states "gain access to the fusebox behind the glovebox" but omits to say how. I could work it out...eventually..but can you guys tell me;

  • do I remove the glove box via the screw at the rear that I can see in the box?
  • do i remove by as yet unknown means those yellow circular friction fixings which fix a cover in place which hides the fusebox? or is there any other easy way?

grateful of any contributions ta

Reply to
BigGirlsBlouse

Open the glovebox, then squeeze the sides inwards whilst pulling down. The glovebox will drop further down, giving you the access needed.

Assuming your Focus is a MK1, (you neglected to mention a year) fuse 47 protects the LH side lights.

If by accessory connector you meant the cigar lighter, it's fuse 46 (15A).

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks Chris...its the new shape..07 reg and ghia as well (its got the MP3 player input socket)

Reply to
BigGirlsBlouse

OK. My information won't have helped much then!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

no it didnt help much...but good try thanks. It was fuse 39 all detailed in the ford supplied manual!.... the trim cover underneath the glove box is removed by 2 yellow friction fixings... then a couple of quarter turn thumb screws and hey presto the whole fuse box hinges down so that it is easy to get to.

thanks for trying tho.........

Reply to
BigGirlsBlouse
[...]

Seems a much better idea than on the earlier models!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.... and there are footwell lights which stay on for at least 5 mins so that you can see what you are doing!.

Reply to
BigGirlsBlouse