central lock system

does anyone know where the central lock system is on a 2000 ford focus zx3, i just bought the car last friday and the keyless entry/power locks will not work. i have checked all the fuses, but i can not find the fuse the manual assigns for the door locks. the manual says the fuse is on the back of the fuse panel but i can?t find it anywhere.... even the hatch release button behind the steering wheel doesn?t work.........please help!!!!

Reply to
caseyb9719

"caseyb9719" wrote: > [size=18][color=darkred]does anyone know where the central > lock system is on a 2000 ford focus zx3, i just bought the car > last friday and the keyless entry/power locks will not work. i > have checked all the fuses, but i can not find the fuse the > manual assigns for the door locks. the manual says the fuse is > on the back of the fuse panel but i can't find it anywhere.... > even the hatch release button behind the steering wheel > doesn't work.........please help!!!!

I removed my fuse box completely out and took a look behind it and all I found was connections and a black rectangular plug in module. It was labeled central timer module made in Germany but nothing else resembling a fuse. I went down to the Auto Zone and read the Ford Focus repair manual and it says this module is for the Chimes and automatic dome light dimmer. Nothing on the central lock module anywhere in the repair book. I called Ford Parts today and they said that central module I found costs $45 but no details as to what it does in his book. I called service and they wouldn?t give me the right time of day except for me to bring it down to figure out what the problem was at $80 per hour.. With 90k on the speedometer, I?m going to just use my key to lock and unlock the car like the good old days for now. I?m going to check with a junk yard to see if I can buy that timer module for less than $20 bucks and see if that fixes the doors. It?s a 50/50 chance and I won?t lose as much money if it doesn?t work.. If it does work, I"ll be sure to post the good news..

Reply to
connvalley

Which fuse box? The one in the engine compartment is the Auxillary fuse box - the Central fuse box is behind the glove compartment and accessible from inside the car. If you flex the sides of the glove compartment (with a TINY bit of force) you can swivel it down to get to the fuse panel.

On a UK focus the central locking fuse is on the BACK of this panel and coloured yellow (20 amps), Fuse 63.

Reply to
Alan

In message , Alan wrote

Correction - the US model is slightly different

If you haven't got a focus owners guide go to

Enter 2000, Ford, Focus Download the owners guide.

That manual says the fuse panel is below and to the left of the steering wheel (behind the cover). It's still on the BACK of the panel and is Fuse 63 @ 20amps.

Reply to
Alan

"caseyb9719" wrote: > [size=18][color=darkred]does anyone know where the central > lock system is on a 2000 ford focus zx3, i just bought the car > last friday and the keyless entry/power locks will not work. i > have checked all the fuses, but i can not find the fuse the > manual assigns for the door locks. the manual says the fuse is > on the back of the fuse panel but i can't find it anywhere.... > even the hatch release button behind the steering wheel > doesn't work.........please help!!!!

I found the fuse and fixed my door locks... they are working A-OK...

If you take the fuse block off the firewall mount and have dropped it to the floor, flip it over to the back side where the wiring harnesses plug into it.. The fuse is hidden under the wires. The largest harness has two tie wraps holding it down to the fuse block, push that wiring to one side with your finger between the two tie wraps. It going to be tight but you will see a yellow 20 amp fuse buried under those wires.. That?s the baby causing the door locks not to operate if it?s blown. What a place for a fuse to be located, only Ford could of come up with a dumb idea like that..

Reply to
connvalley

In message , connvalley wrote

For information - the Haynes manual says it's the central timing module. It's responsible for the time control elements for the heated rear windscreen, interior lights and intermittent wiper operation. The module also activates a warning buzzer/chime for lights left on, and on an automatic a warning if not parked with the selector in the P position.

Reply to
Alan