code problems

do any of you know about the error code P1506? I went to auto zone and could not get the part so i'm trying to find out what it is and where i can get it from. I think it has something to do with the idle or air flow with the car.

Reply to
focus girl

Article refers to a Ford Escort, but I have to assume that it would apply to a 2000 Ford Focus also.

DTC P1506 is set when the PCM detects the engine idle speed is greater than the desired rpm. This is most commonly caused by a dirty or bad IAC valve. Cleaning the throttle body will, most likely, cure this problem.

Reply to
Mike