door locks ...annoying

Hello to all

Have very recently purchased a new 2003 ZX5. Very cool car. But... all four doors automatically always lock in few moments after underway. This feature is likely a boon to most people, but, I find this truly annoying, since I often make many stops and get stuff from the rear seat . (Yeah... I know I can use the "unlock" button on the door....)

My question is: Is there any way to disable this feature ??

Thanks much for all replies

Hope I don't get flamed

Fud

Reply to
Fuddzy

"Fuddzy" wrote

I hated this feature on my 2000 wagon, asked the dealer to change the programming in the security module. Worked fine (forget how much it cost, but not much). I don't know if the same procedure applies to a 2003, but your dealer should be able to tell you. Also maybe check your owner's manual first, in case some new procedure has been introduced that you can execute yourself.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Sure is...

I've done it so that I can use the keyless entree remote while the car is running from the remote starter.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

Look in the manual. It shows the steps to do this. I did it on my

2003 ZX5 about 2 hours after buying the car....

Of course not....

Reply to
Roarmeister

Mucho Gracias all.......... your quick answers will be of great benefit.

Fud

Reply to
Fuddzy