power steering leak

Hi all,

I collected my focus( '00 1.6 saloon Ghia) from my local dealer today after

40,000 ml service ?156 and was told that the power steering was leaking badly and needs to be replaced ASAP, parts cost ?460 labour ?120, after some words, not all nice, the garage agreed to pay the parts cost leaving me with the labour 2 hours @ ?60 an hour, my question is should I have pushed for the labour as well or would I be pushing my luck? I will have the car 2 yrs next January, (so far I have had to replace the rear wheel bearings)

-- M.See

Reply to
m.see

The rear wheel bearings and seals were serviced under warranty here in Canada.

Reply to
Murray Harper

Lets put it this way! Do you all the documents of doing all your services on time? If so have you had the car for any repairs under your 3 year 36 k bumper to bumper waranty if not, i would raise hell and say ive taken very good care of my car and did all the services that ford recommend i do and demand a explaination from the service manager and zone rep to explain why this part went bad so soon? F ord just put out a recal notice on the fuel pumps for this car and are reimbursing any one who paid cash to have fuel pump put in there car for 10 years and 100,000 miles not to bad ahh? Unlike other manufactures ford comes out with this first not having to go to court and be made too like other manufacturers we know. MOST important not like other people who come to this newsgroup and write how bad the focus is because they have not takin care of there car, there names unsiad, i truelly believe that they will cover the whole cost of that repair.

Reply to
badraptor

There is an extended warranty for leaking powersteering. I think it is to 60000 km. You´re close to that so I think You should try to get it all free.

Reply to
Kjell Harnesk